The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA) recently announced the recipients of its 2016 Notable Projects Awards at its Annual Real Estate Spring Conference. This year’s event, titled “’YIMBY’ism: YES in my Backyard – Why Development is Good” was held on May 18 in South Portland.
Each year, MEREDA recognizes some of the state’s most “noteworthy and significant” real estate projects, completed in the previous year. Spread across the state, each of these projects aided in Maine’s economic growth, while also embodying MEREDA’s belief in responsible development. These projects not only exemplify best practices in the industry, and also involve a significant investment of resources and job creation statewide.
“We are blown away by the vision and integrity demonstrated by developers across Maine, so much so that, for the first time ever, we expanded the list in true David Letterman style to a TOP TEN,” noted Paul Peck, President, MEREDA Board of Directors and LWS Investments/Drummond & Drummond, LLP.
Selections were made based upon criteria including: environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact and job creation.
MEREDA’s Top 10 Most Notable Projects of 2016 were awarded to:
- Forefront Partners, for Brick North at Thompson’s Point in Portland
- Avesta Housing’s Ridgewood at Village Square in Gorham
- Community Housing of Maine’s Village Centre in Brewer
- Anew Development’s Meetinghouse Lofts Condominiums in South Portland
- Southern Maine Affordable Housing and Biddeford Housing for their collaborative effort at Mission Hill in Biddeford
- Avesta Housing for the Young Street Apartments in South Berwick
- The Szanton Company for The Lofts at Saco Falls in Biddeford
- Sebasticook River Partners’ Sebasticook River Apartments in Newport
- Priority Real Estate Group’s Wayfair at Brunswick Landing, and
- Risbara Properties, LLC, for Blue Spruce Farm Apartments, Waterside Apartments and Island View Apartments, all in Westbrook
Representatives from each of the above projects were on hand at the event to receive their award. For more information about each of these impressive projects, please click here: http://ow.ly/YkQ530cceFr
Throughout the year we’ll also provide an up-close look at each of these notable commercial development projects in multi-part series exclusive to the Maine Real Estate Insider. Stay tuned!