Bar Harbor, Lewiston, Portland, Kennebunk and Biddeford projects to receive awards from Maine Real Estate & Development Association
The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA) will recognize the six most notable 2012 commercial development projects in Maine at its annual spring conference on Wednesday, May 22.
All of the projects being recognized embody MEREDA’s belief in responsible development; each was completed in 2012 and all are fully tenanted. Projects were selected based upon the following additional criteria:
- Environmentally sustainability
- Economic impact
- Energy efficiency
- Social impact
- Job creation
- Bar Harbor: West Street Hotel by Ocean Properties, Ltd.
- Lewiston: The Lofts at Bates Mill by The Szanton Company
- Biddeford: Harold Alfond Forum by the University of New England
- Portland: Oak Street Lofts by Avesta Housing
- Kennebunk: Park Street School by Avesta Housing
- Biddeford: Emery School by Avesta Housing
Representatives from each of the above projects will be at the event to receive an award.
For more information about the conference and to register, visit www.mereda.org.