Augusta, Boothbay Harbor, Topsham, Portland, Waterville, and Westbrook projects to receive awards from Maine Real Estate & Development Association on May 7
The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA), the state’s leading organization for responsible real estate development, has selected the top six real estate developments in Maine in 2018, and will present awards to each at its annual Spring Conference in Portland on May 7 at the Holiday Inn By the Bay.
The MEREDA board of directors has selected exemplary projects from across the state, completed in 2018, which not only embody MEREDA’s belief in responsible real estate development, but also exemplify best practices in the industry, contributing to excellent jobs and increased tax bases for our cities and towns.
Each of the six projects was selected in part based upon criteria including: noteworthy and significant project completed* in 2018 (*Building Occupancy Permit must be issued by 12 31 18.), environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact, uniqueness, difficulty of development and job creation. The recipients are:
- Westbrook Housing, Westbrook Development Corporation, and Anew Development’s Riverview Terrace in Westbrook
- Dirigo Capital Advisors’ Ballard Center in Augusta
- Paul G. Coulombe’s Boothbay Harbor Country Club in Boothbay Harbor
- Colby College’s Bill & Joan Alfond Main Street Commons in Waterville
- Developers Collaborative & Sea Coast Management’s The Motherhouse in Portland
- Bateman Partners’ Topsham Care Center in Topsham
Click here to learn more about the recipients and make plans to join us on May 7th as we recognize these developments at our 2019 Annual Spring Conference. Full registration details are available by clicking here.