The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA), the state’s leading organization for responsible real estate development, has selected the top ten real estate developments in Maine in 2017, and will present awards to each at its conference in Portland on May 16.
“The MEREDA board of directors has selected exemplary projects from across the state, completed in 2017, which not only embody MEREDA’s belief in responsible real estate development, but also exemplify best practices in the industry, contributing to excellent jobs and increased tax bases for our cities and towns,” said Paul Peck, MEREDA board president and real estate developer.
Each of the ten projects was selected in part based upon criteria including: noteworthy and significant project completed* in 2017 (*Building Occupancy Permit must be issued by 12 31 17.), environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact, uniqueness, difficulty of development and job creation. The recipients are:
- Anew Development’s 65 Munjoy Street in Portland
- Tedlum Associates’ Aura in Portland
- Portland Housing Authority & Avesta Housing’s Bayside Anchor in Portland
- RBDD Cliff House Acquisitions’ Cliff House Maine in Cape Neddick
- Augusta Housing Authority & Developers Collaborative’s Hodgkins School Apartments in Augusta
- The Szanton Company’s Huse School Apartments in Bath
- Avesta Housing’s Huston Commons in Portland
- NewHeight Group’s Luminato in Portland
- Chinburg Properties’ Saco Mill #4 in Saco
- Zachau Construction for the Tyler Technologies expansion in Yarmouth
An award celebration of each project, including their myriad of partners and collaborators, will take place at the MEREDA event on May 16, which is open to the public; full registration details are available at http://mereda.org/eventdetail.php?ID=766 .